Follow this step by step guide to configure XenDesktop 7 Machine Catalog.
XenDesktop Deep Dive Series
Create machine catalog
1. In Citrix Studio select Machine Catalogs node in the left pane and click Create Machine Catalog in Action pane.
2. I will leave default selection because I want to use Windows Desktop OS. Press Next to continue.
3. I will leave default selection because I want to use virtual machines and machine creation services as a provisioning engine. Press Next to continue.
4. I will select an option to use random desktops – users will connect to first free desktop each time they log on. If you would like to allow users to login allways to the same desktop leave default selection. Press Next to continue.
5. Select a resource and proper VM’s snapshot. Press Next to continue.
6. Enter the VM parameters and number of VMs you would like to create – in my case I would like to create 5 virtual machines
7. Select an option for management of Active Directory accounts, account location and account naming standard.
8. Press next to continue
9. Enter the name for the machine catalog and press next to continue
10. Wait for machine catalog to be created.
At this point XenDesktop 7 Machine Catalog has been configured and we are now ready to configure Delivery Group. Stay tuned for Part 5 – Create and configure delivery group, where I will configure a XenDesktop delivery group.