Follow this step by step guide to configure XenDesktop 7 site.
XenDesktop Deep Dive Series
Configure Citrix Studio Site
1. Launch Desktop Studio and on a welcome screen click Get Started.
2. I will configure a full site, so I will leave a default selection and fill in a site name and click Next
3. Wizard is populating the standard database name based on the site name created in the previous step as it is shown in Figure 3.
Note: This is valid only when SQL Express was installed using installation wizard. The standard naming convention for database name is: CITRIX<site name>. I have installed SQL server manually and I have to update database name as it is shown in Figure 4.
Note: When database is created manually please make sure that database is configured with proper collation sequence. The required collation ends with _CI_AS_KS. In general, it is best to use a collation which ends with “_100_CI_AS_KS”
4. I will leave default settings on Licensing page. A 30-day trial license is included in the installer. I will add proper license later on. XenDesktop Site creation wizard has a new ability to find installed licenses instead of navigating through the Citrix licensing portal, verifiy a connection to the license server, and trusted SSL connection.
5. On the Connection page I will select None as a host type. Connection to the hypervisor I will configure in the next post.
6. I won’t use App-V, so I will leave a default selection and click Next
7. Click Finish
8. When XenDesktop site is created select Controlers node in the left pane and verify the server name as it is shown in Figure 10.