XenApp 7.5 is already available for some time and it’s time to prepare step-by-step instruction. In fact installation and configuration process for XenApp 7.5 and XenDesktop 7 (described in my previous posts: XenDesktop 7 Deep Dive series ) is quite similar or almost the same.
I decided to write a next series of posts covering the most important steps required to install and configure XenApp 7.5 components. In some steps I will use existing components in my LAB but in such case I will provide a link to XenDesktop 7 Deep Dive article where installation and configuration of this element was described.
The XenApp 7.5 quick installation guide series consist of the following articles:
Part 1 – Installation and site configuration
For those of you who need more information about XenApp 7.5 / XenDesktop 7.5 features please see the following articles:
XenApp 7.5 installation
XenApp 7.5 iso is available for download from Citrix website, so I downloaded the iso file and mounted the iso in the designated Windows Server 2012 R2 VM.
1. Wait for the installer welcome screen and click Start close to XenApp section.
2. Click Delivery Controler
3. Accept the license agreement and click Next
4. I will use existing StoreFront and License Server so I select only the Delivery Controller, Studio, Director. Click Next
5. I will use existing SQL Express Server so I select only the Install Windows Remote Assistance. Click Next
6. Click Next
7. Click Install
8. Click Finish
XenApp 7.5 Site Configuration
9. Launch Desktop Studio and on a welcome screen click Deliver applications and desktops to your users.
10. Leave a default selection and fill in a site name and click Next
11. Wizard is populating the standard database name based on the site name created in the previous step as it is shown in Figure 10. I would like to keep my own naming convention for databases and have to update database name as it is shown in Figure 11.
12. Click OK
13. Enter a license server name or leave default settings on Licensing page. A 30-day trial license is included in the installer. When your own license server is specified and connected select proper license type. Click Next
14. Enter the address of your hypervisor and valid credentials. Click Next
17. Click Finish
18. Verify the successful site creation. You can also click Test Site Configuration to verify the site configuration.
At this point XenApp 7.5 Site has been configured and we are now ready to configure Machine Catalog and Delivery Group. Before we start with machine catalog and delivery groups I will install and configure VDA client on separate Windows 2012 R2 servers. Stay tuned for Part 2 – Create and configure delivery group.