I prepared a beta version of my XenDesktop 7.5 sizing calculator. I would like to create a tool to prepare a baseline for discussion about hardware and storage requirements for VDI projects. In order to create a list of functional servers you have to provide basic information about the project. As a result you will get the following data:
- number of infrastructure servers with the split into data centers
- total amount of vRAM and vCPU required for infrastructure servers
- total amount of vRAM and vCPU required for VM’s
- total amount of hardware required to host calculated infrastructure
- number of required SQL databases
- total required storage
- total required IOPS (this version include initial calculation and will be verified and updated)
- total required bandwidth
Features to be added in the next version:
- support for XenDesktop 7.6
- modified calculation for Hyper-V configuration
- and some more features …..
The sizing tool can be downloaded here: XenDesktop Sizing Calculator
I would like to invite everyone to download this calculator and would be happy to hear all comments and hints to make this tool better and more usefull.