The FMA services XenDesktop 7.x use port 80 for communication by default. If necessary, this port can be changed. Since XenDesktop 5.x release XML functionality is being included as part of the Broker Service, The port change for services can now be achieved by using the BrokerService.exe command as shown in the following section.
Open Command Prompt and navigate to the XenDesktop directory C:\Program Files\Citrix\Broker\Service. You must run Command Prompt with administrative privileges. (Right-click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator if you are not logged in as the user with administrator rights on the server). If you do not run Command Prompt with Administrative level rights, an error might occur when trying to run the following commands.
- Note: When appending the –ConfigureFirewall parameter, appropriate exceptions will be added to the Windows Firewall configuration.
Note: This change must be performed on each controller within the XenDesktop 7.x site. Citrix strongly recommends you to configure all controllers within the XenDesktop site equally.
Similarly, you can use the same procedure for the other FMA services, such as :
- BrokerService.exe -VdaPort 8081 -WCFPort 8081 -WIPort 8081 -ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.ADIdentity.exe –SdkPort 8081 –KeyPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 -ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.Configuration.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.ConfigurationLogging.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.DelegatedAdmin.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.EnvTest.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.Host.exe –SdkPort 8081 –KeyPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.MachineCreation.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.Monitor.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 -ODataPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
- Citrix.Storefront.exe –SdkPort 8081 –SvcPort 8081 –ConfigureFirewall
Note: Opening XenDesktop Studio after port modification, the Studio enquires for the delivery controller address which must be specified, including the new port <MyDeliveryController>:<port >“.
This is the same address for PowerShell but with the parameter “-AdminAddress <MyDeliveryController>:<port>“, the port has to be specified additionally.